Saturday, August 6, 2011

PurrView #24 - 15 Seconds of Fame… Sort of

I'm a faithful reader and fan of Rolling Stone magazine. In issue #1133, RS journalist Josh Eels did a wonderful write-up on his interview with Bon Iver, which took place in lead singer Justin Vernon's humble Wisconsin cabin.

As usually happens when I read Josh Eels' articles, I thoroughly enjoyed every word of it. Also included in the same issue was a colorful review of Bon Iver's latest (self titled) album, which came out on June 21, 2011.  It pleased me so much to see Bon Iver getting this well-deserved glowing press that I decided to write Rolling Stone and express my thanks.

As luck would have it, Rolling Stone appreciated my gratitude and e-mailed me the very next day to let me know that they were publishing my note of praise in the next issue.  It's a great feeling to have your favorite magazine deem you publish-worthy…. Even if it is only a measly little letter on page 14!


Friends, family and beyond-- be sure to pick up the August 4, 2011 issue of Rolling Stone with Larry David on the cover. On page 14, under "Midwest Roots," you'll find a little tidbit of praise, signed Maureen Hank, Las Vegas.

I Love Rolling Stone!

~Meow~

Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment