Tuesday, September 11, 2012

PurrView #57 - Moment of poetry: "Less Sad"

"Less Sad"

There's something weighing heavy on my chest
An emptiness, an aching felt in my throat, within my breast
Another waking day, each one gets a little easier
But always a lingering shadow are thoughts regarding him
My relentless, nagging wonder of where he's at and where  he's been
A genuine concern about what kind of state he's in
A part of me hoping he's doing well, doing fine
A part of me hoping he feels my pain, multiplied a hundred times
My mind telling me to move on: it ran its course
My  heart taking the brunt: feeling as if it's been cursed
Another waking day and melancholy still abounds
But I know that soon... peace will be found
For every day I feel this weight on my chest getting lighter
Soon, I'll feel the pain in my throat and breast getting looser—
not tighter
And soon I'll be able to take the good, leave the bad
To know that as long as I keep calm and carry on
The feelings I feel will be less
and less
sad.

~Meow~
Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment