Wednesday, June 13, 2012

PurrView #48 - Summer Feel-Good Playlist

(photo: theneotraditionalist.com)
My summer's gotten off to a marvelous start, as I've just returned from a month of traveling our beautiful, diverse country.

One week I was in the Midwest with air so thick and hot you could almost cut it with a knife; the next I experienced the cool, crisp overcast conditions of the Pacific Northwest; and at yet another leg of my journey I was in the windy, chilly, almost winter-like May weather of the Bay Area.

Whether I was with friends, family or strangers, I really got some particular, feel-good songs stuck in my head during my journey. As a result, I've devised the below Summer Feel-Good Playlist; musical samplings of my travels.   :)


The Knife - "Heartbeats" - A sweet low-pulse synth beat from this Swedish duo


Grouplove - "Tongue Tied" - A song fit for a house party (and probably a subsequent drunken make-out sesh)


Flight Facilities - "Crave You" feat. Giselle - An electronic ballad of young love


 
Alabama Shakes - "Hold On" - "Come on, baby girl. You got to get back up!" croons Shakes frontwoman Brittany Howard in her stunning bluesy voice.

Jack White - "Love Interruption" - Yes, another song about love... Oh, but it's a damn good song! ;)



Mac Miller - "Donald Trump"- Corny, yet fun. Why hate on his Donald Trumpin' ways?


~Meow~
Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment