Sunday, February 12, 2012

PurrView #40 - Random Sunday Playlist


It's a completely calm, bright, and 64-degree Winter's day in sunny Las Vegas.
Today I'm feeling a little dark, yet electrified.
Here's a nine-track taste of my afternoon playlist:

"Lights" - Ellie Goulding - Nasty, beautiful Bassnectar dubbish remix. Perfecto!

"Islands" - The Xx - How can you not love these kids? They're entertaining.
"Not in Love" - Robert Smith/Crystal Castles - Not an actual video, but great tune nonetheless.


"I Won't Let Go" - Monarchy - Monarchy has a certain je ne sais quois about them... especially live.

"Hold On"- Rusko feat. Amber Coffman (Sub Focus Remix)  A nice take on the original cut by Rusko.

"Windowlicker" - Aphex Twin
   I will always be baffled and slightly disturbed by this video-- especially the full 10-minute original cut of the video… But this tune gets so, so dope at 4:20 (…and I DO mean four minutes and 20 seconds into the video ;).

 "Raspberry Swirl" - Tori Amos   An old favorite. Bittersweet memories of my formative years. 


"Around the World" - Daft Punk Really, truly, honestly.... the best video EVER!


"Soul Vibration" - J walk  If I had background music, it would sound  like this.



~Meow~
Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment