Friday, December 30, 2011

PurrView #35 - Moment of poetry: "Too Close"


You're just a little too close for comfort.
And inwardly I resent, that I spend most of my waking life in your presence
Too close, I say
So close that I can smell you
So close that I can hear you
So close that I can feel you smile
I can feel all the thoughts you've got chained up inside
Many of the links undoubtedly pertain to me
If I could truly be Invictus; the master of my fate, the captain of my soul
I would subtract you
I would divide and conquer
I would add to myself
Recollect my energy
Recollect my being
Recollect the things I love about myself
All the things that you take
So to seem like a rational human being, I downplay it and I merely say,
"You're just a little too close for comfort."
But every day I wish you away…

~Meow~
Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment