Saturday, July 30, 2011

PurrView #22 - Moment of poetry: "Covers"

If only you could see me lying here naked;
lost in my covers, thinking of you.
The sunlight pours in
disappointing and rude;
my covers just thick enough to block it out.
Yet under the covers, there is still no escape.
My mind is awake, flooded with thoughts of
you.
And yes-- to my dismay--
another day awaits.
My covers cannot protect me from that.
Nor can my covers keep out the sound of my cell.
The sound of those itching and burning to tell
of all the liveliness and loveliness I missed out on last night.
They're yearning for a chance to say,
"Hey friend, how's your day?"
But not one shred of a chance do I display;
for, once again, I pull the covers up, hoping to block out the pain.

~Meow~
Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment